Tuesday’s Treat: Mirror Lake Inn Granola
Mirror Lake Inn Granola (Serves 12-15)
submitted by Chris Compeau
2 cups slow cook oats
½ cup nuts (any kind:walnuts, pecans, cashews,sunflower seed- use any unsalted variety)
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup light vegetable oil (I use Organic Sunflower oil from the Co-op)
1 cup whole bran cereal ( Bran Flakes or Special K)
1 cup honey
1 cup shredded,unsweetened coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup Kasha(raw buckwheat groats) Can be found at the Co-op *optional
1/4 cup raisins *optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, heat oil and honey until combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture on a 12” x 9” cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 5 minutes and then stir. Bake for 5 more additional minutes. (For crunchier granola, increase bake time). * Occasionally, I will stir in 1/4 cups of dried cranberries or craisins at this time to change it up.
6. For fine granola, break apart while still warm. For larger granola pieces, break apart when cool.
Store in an airtight container. Great with yogurt, or as a cereal with milk, or all alone as a snack.
Thanks for sharing Chris! Do you have a great reciepe to share? Click Here